Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pokemon card - Pokeball and Punch-art Pidgey

My oldest daughter turned 9 today, where does the time go??  Today was just a 'boring' day with school and netball practice - she is having a party with some friends on Saturday - but she was excited to open her pressies and special card from me this morning.  You can finally see how I used that wee Pidgey I was working on last week!



So I have nade a circular easel card for the Pokeball, and then mounted it on a 6x4" base (so it comes out of the envelope flat, and then you open up the top layer to read the message inside, and then it can stand up leaning against the rhinestones).  Don't you love Labeller Alphabet for the customised words?  The Happy Birthday is from Tin of Cards stampset, and I used Number of Years for the '9' (which is Wink of Stella'd for subtle sparkle) and the red-on-red Look Who's Turning.


The Pokeball is Real Red and Whisper White, I used the largest (retired) Circles Collection framelit to cut one in each colour, and then snipped the red one in half with my trimmer and mounted it on the white one.  Then I cut a black strip for the centere to cover the join, and popped the button up on a dimensional (I can't remember which two circle punches I used for that - probably 1" for the white and 1 3/8" for the black).


The easel part is created by folding a whisper white piece of cardstock in half and running it through the Big Shot with the same large circle framelit, but with the folded edge set back from the edge of the framelit by a centimeter or so, and then the 'top' circle is scored hoizontally through the centre, and the Pokeball is attached to that with Tape & Tear ( Tear and Tape?  I get so confused!)


For the Pidgey, I scoured Pinterest for a tutorial but didn't find one so I had to make up my own, but since then I have seen a 'better' one, I'll try and find it for you soon.  So here is my guy again - let it be known that I'm not thrilled with the face, it was a case of "close-enough will do" LOL.






I used differentt shades of yellow for depth, and with hindsight I should have done some sponging on the edges.  Here we go:


* body - Owl punch - one Daffodil Delight with feet snipped off, and one Calypso Coral with feet and lower body only - attach to the back of the DD piece so only the feet are showing


* tail - Bird punch (retired) - Daffodil Delight, attach to the back of body


* wings - Bird punch (retired) - punch 2 wings in Delightful Dijon and one in So Saffron.  Attach single wing to the back, and double-wing to the front


* eyes - Owl punch, medium sized white eyes, black pupils


* beak - Owl punch, heart, Calypso Coral


* head-feathers - Fox punch, 2x tail-tips in Daffodil Delight


Here's where it goes awry....


* head - I used a Delightful Dijon body from the Fox punch, turned upside down, as the backing for the head.  I attached this to the Owl-punch body and then savagely attacked a piece of Basic Black with my scissors to make the mask, and then popped the eyes and beak into position.  Then I put the two fox-tail pieces over the eyes, and again used my snips to massacre the remainder of the fox-body piece to resemble the last top-feathers.


The real Pidgey has that piece of hair at the front, not the back, but basically this was my third attempt and I was beyond caring about a small indiscretion by this point LOL.  I had also used Tombow for the first couple of goes, but found it too messy and fiddly, so this last attempt is all stuck together with glue-dots.


Anyway, all small people of the house (and their dad) were thrilled with the outcome, so overall we are calling it a win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment