Annual Catalogue Pre-order

I'm (not so) patiently waiting for my first order from the new Catalogue to arrive; because of the public holiday this week there is a slight delay, but I'm hoping to receive my pretty package in the next few days.  Can't wait! 


I did place a small pre-order last month though, so combined with the freebies we received at OnStage, I have been able to make some new cards to share with you while I wait!


These two cards are variations on the same layout using the Mixed Borders stampset.  I like how the leaves and the flowers are on separate photopolymer stamps, so you can easily layer them together in different colours to create a fun image.  I used Emerald Envy for the leaves on both of these, and coloured the leaves in Pool Party with a marker.  The pineapple card is in Crushed Curry, and the petals are coloured with So Saffron.  The "Celebrate your day" sentiment is from the Designer Tin of Cards stampset, which I was lucky enough to win at Prize Patrol at OnStage, woohoo!



This second version is Basic Black and Melon Mambo, and the petals are coloured in with a Flirty Flamingo marker (which I was also fortunate to pick up the markers as a giveaway at OnStage!).  I actually dropped this card into an open inkpad right at the end and got a huge smudge in the corner (after it was finished, duh!) so the watercoloured flower is a total cover-up lol.  Like they always say, there's no such thing as a mistake, just an oppotunity for more embellishments!  So I embossed the flower in white onto watercolour paper and used Flirty Flamingo ink from the lid of my inkpad to watercolour the petals with an aqua painter.  I love how it turned out - a real happy accident!


The Sitting Here stampset was another giveaway at OnStage, and I've paired it here with Sheltering Tree to make this fun landscape.  The seat was designed to be a porch swing in the original artwork, but since we don't really have porch swings (or even porches!) here in New Zealand, I cut the "rope" part of the image and used it to create legs for a park bench instead.   It's Autumn here in NZ at the moment, and all our trees are gorgeous Autumn colours, so I wanted to show this on my card.


This little cutie you might recognise from Pop of Paradise, which I used for my displays for OnStage.  Emma (Parkin-Wilson, our Country Manager) got to keep all my samples, so this card is the first using the flamingo that I get to give away!  The colours are Basic Black, Whisper White,  Sahara Sand and Melon Mambo, I just looove this Pop of Pink suite!  Here I've used the washi tape to make the background, and I'm including one of these with my customer orders and catalogues that go out this month.


Here's a final card with the Pineapple background stamp, paired up with that gorgeous flamingo again, and some Melon Mambo flowers from the Botanical Builder framelits.  I used some retired enamel dots, but I'm super excited that there will be some of the brand new enamel dots in my order thats on its way.


Stay tuned for the next cards once my order arrives (can you tell I'm excited???)

Comments