2015-16 Annual Catalogue

Oh boy, that's embarrassing - I haven't posted in 7 months!  In my defense, it has been a really busy time, with home renovations, my sisters wedding and some stuff going on healthwise for my father-in-law, so things have been a bit topsy-turvy for the last little while.  HOWEVER, things are returning to a semblance of order at home, and I plan to do a post about my brand new crafting space very soon.


First order of business though is the new 2015-16 Annual Catalogue for Stampin' Up!  The new catalogue has begun this week, and I kicked it off with a reveal party yesterday in my craftroom.  So much fun!  We started by browsing the new catalogue for the first little while, whilst nibbling on delicious snacks and sipping some wine, then we did a Scavenger Hunt through the catalogue (I asked questions, and my guests had to find the answers in the catalogue) and then we had a play with some new products, including the new 2015-17 In-Colours (Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon) and of course some new stampsets as well, mixed with a few carryover items too - I like to show versatility with the products I demonstrate, as well as how new products can combine with old to bring a whole new lease of life.

Here are the highlights from the cards I showed, some were samples and some were Make & Take items.

You've Got This.  Like many people, I'm trying to recreate the look of the (sadly) recalled Blendabilities line, by pulling out my aqua painters and watercolour paper.  Loving the look of this flower when its blended with all the depth of colour, and OMG, droooool, the new in-colour lace ribbon is so lush.  I only have it in Mint Macaron so far, but rest assured, the other colours won't be far away from joining my stash.  The flower image is stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with White embossing Powder.  It is coloured with Watermwelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush ink, and I used Lost Lagoon for the background colouring and the stripe up the side.  I used Mint Macaron, Lost Lagoon and Whisper White cardstock and the greeting is in Watermelon Wonder as well.  To pleat the ribbon, I laid a couple of strips of Fast Fuse across the cardbase and then loosely spread the ribbon across it in a pleated pattern, pressing it firmly down at the end to secure it all in place, and folding the ends onto the back of the card and securing it with a glue dot at the back.

A catalogue CASE - butterflies and hexagons, with a bit of Gorgeous Grunge and some basic pearls.  I showed how to use waxed paper with your Thinlits dies to help pop those intricate pieces out so much easier.  This one is Watermelon Wonder and Early Espresso.

Neopolitan anyone?  Tree Builder punch and Sprinkles of Lift stampset, in Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso.

Punch-art watermelons made with Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  DSP from the Cherry on Top paper stack.  Love that the papers come in 6x6" now.

Sheltering Tree, and more butterflies!  Love the versatility of this set.  This card uses only the new in-colour range.

Alright, well I am still recovering from the shock of not blogging for so long, so I will leave it there for today while I work on loading up the links to the new Catalogue, and I will be back with some photos of my amazing craft room soon!

Comments