Two special birthday projects

My sweet niece turns 17 today.  We are going out for dinner on Friday night to celebrate with her and I will give her this card that I made her, with a matching gift-card holder for her present.

 
I used the Circle Card Thinlet die to make a flip-card, which opens out to this:

 
I added the extra panel on the end for writing my message on, by simply threading the cardstock to go over the edge of the die, instead of underneath it, where it would normally cut the edge of the card. 
 
The colours are Real Red, Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar, to co-ordinate with the Fresh Prints designer paper stack.  Don't you love the string of banners from the Sale-a-bration Banner Blast stampset with matching punch that you can earn free during Sale-a-bration?  There's just two weeks to go to.

 
"Make a Wish" comes from Perfect Pennants and is cut out with the Starburst Framelits and mounted on a 2" circle (Circles #2 die) and a 2.5" circle (2.5" circle punch) which perfectly fits into the circle on the flip card.
 
"Oh Happy Day" is from Starburst Sayings, which co-ordinates with the framelits and is sold together in a bundle with a 15% saving - love that!  However the starburst framelit for this stamp is slightly too big for the flip card, so I used my 2.5" circle punch instead.


I haven't forgotten about the layouts I promised from my daughters 5th birthday party either - I've created some in MDS, but I want to do them "for real" as well!




Comments