Swimming Pool Card

At the end of last year my parents offered to pay for my 3 daughters to have swimming lessons, which they are all loving and are doing so well at.  This week we had to decide whether to sign-up for another term, and we are so grateful that Mum & Dad said we could continue to go to classes. 

I decided a wee thank you card was in order, and I couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for on Pinterest, so this card is my own creation.  I had seen the scalloped edge waves before, but I was looking for some bright colourful punch art with swim rings but all my searches came up blank.  So I made my own.  I went with Tempting Turquoise Core'dinations for the cardstock, to give me some texture, and a 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" cardbase to give me plenty of room to add my 3 little 'characters'. 

 
I adore the cheeky one with her bottom in the air!  I've got a bunch of different punches going on here. 
 
- 1" circle for heads, floating girls fringe and the hole in her life-ring
- Bird punch (wing) for the swimmers ponytail
- Owl punch (body) for the floating girls hair, and (vest) for her Melon Mambo togs
- 1 3/4" circle punch for the life-ring (1" hole punched off-centre)
- Large Oval punch for bodies and swimmers Pink Pirouette togs
- Cupcake punch (cherry) for goggles (trimmed for more circular shape)
- Word Window punch for arms and legs
- 1 7/8" Scallop Circle (trimmed to shape) for underwater divers bottom
 
And the piece-de-resistance:
- Offcuts from the Large Paper Doily sizzlits die for the splashes.  Clever, right!!!?
 
 
The greeting is actually two stamps merged together, I masked the Thanks from the thank you stamp in "Oh Hello" and used just the "so much" part, and instead used the cursive "thanks" from the new Hip Hip Hooray kit. 
 
Wait, what's that?  I haven't showed you the Hip Hip Hooray kit yet???  This is an amazing new kit with all the supplies (except scissors) to make 20 cards, including 3 stamps, an ink-spot and an acrylic block (not our regular SU ones) .  The cards are a notecard size, are pre-printed and come with envelopes, 5 pages of die-cut tags, twine, dimensionals and paperclips for just $38.95 NZ.  Incredible value!  This kit will be in the 2014-15 Annual Catalogue, but has been released early for the crafters looking for the convenience of a kit with the design-work already done.
 

 
 
There are only a few days to go before Sale-a-bration is over for another year, so don't forget to place your order and earn yourself a freebie or two before March is over!
 
 


Comments