Punch Art Easter Bunny cards


I love this guy!!!!  I found a cute Easter Bunny on Pinterest that I wanted to copy, and it came complete with tutorial, but I didn't have all the right punches so I made some adaptions.  Here is what I used:

Ears:
2x Extra Large Ovals, Sahara Sand
2x Large Ovals, Sahara Sand
2x Large Ovals, Pink Pirouette

Head:
1x Ornament Keepsakes Framelits, with top and bottom trimmed by had, Sahara Sand
(original tutorial used the retired Ornament Punch)

Face:
Muzzle: 1x Heart Framelit from Circle Card Thinlets collection, Whisper White
Eyes:     1x Word Window punch, Basic Black (middle section cut out)
Nose:     1x Owl punch medium-sized eye, Pink Piroutte
Whiskers and eyelashes drawn on with Markers (Sahara Sand and Basic Black)
Eye accents applied with a white gel pen.

Hairtie:
1 x Bitty Punches, flower shape, Coastal Cabana, with rhinestone in the center

Body:
1x Extra Large Oval, Sahara Sand

Hands:
2x 3/4" Circle Punch, Sahara Sand

All Sahara Sand and Whisper White pieces are sponged in Sahara Sand; Pink Piroutte is sponged with Pink Pirouette. 

The grass is a 1" x 4" strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock and cut with my Fringe Scissors - easy peasy!!!

The background cardstock is Pool Party Core'dinations cardstock, embossed with the (retired) Cloudy Day embossing folder.  So sad that one retired!!!

The flower pot is a 3" x 2.5" piece of DSP as per the original tutorial, using the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack, and trimmed to the 1/2" mark on the left and right bottom corners.   However to fit it heightways onto my card-base, I had to trim a wee bit off the bottom.  The Real Red strip is 2 3/4" x 3/4".

I have stamped a "Happy Easter" greeting on the inside in Coastal Cabana ink (greeting from Delightful Dozen) but looking at the card now, I should have done a small one on the front as well (Teeny Tiny Sentiments is on loan to a friend, this would be perfect!)


Then I decided to have a go at designing one myself.  There are loads of different ideas and examples on Pinterest so there aren't many new and undiscovered directions to take this thing in, but I decided to give the new Starburst Framelits a go, and the result was very pleasing!


This guy has the same ears as the first card, but his face, body and tail are created with the Starburst Framelits (the 3 smallest ones).  I used Smokey Slate for the base colour, and decorated this card with the Sweet Sorbet paper from this years Sale-a-bration offering.  The Easter Egg was punched with the Extra Large Oval punch and I trimmed the bottom to give it more of an egg shape, but this effect is mostly lost because I then hid it under the fringed bottom edge.  His hands (paws?) are made with the flower punch from the Bitty Punch Pack, and his eyes and cheeks are the two different sized eyes on the Owl Punch, with a pink heart nose from the Owl Punch as well.  I accidentally grabbed my Basic Grey Marker instead of Smokey Slate for the whiskers, but I actually like it being a bit darker so we'll call it deliberate I think!!!!  The greeting is from Everybunny, which retired last year.

Happy punching :)

Comments