Miss Mermaid

Today I made this sweet wee mermaid card for my daughters best friend, using the Dress Up Framelits and Pop N Cuts card base with the Dress Form insert.  I love how this set is so versatile and can be adapted for so many different projects (remember my Policeman card?).
 
 
Her birthday party was this afternoon, and my girlfriend and I also had the honour of making the birthday cake!
 
 
 
I used Gold Glimmer paper in my card to try and replicate the brown sugar "sand" on the birthday cake.  I didn't have anything from Stampin' Up! to make the starfish so I used a Cuttlebug die, but the cloud is made with the Word Bubble framelits and the sun is made with the smallest Starburst framelit and the 3/4" circle punch.
 
 
Miss Mermaid has Word-Window arms and a 1" circle face, Owl punch hair and her bikini is made with two of the wings from the Bird punch.  The skirt was hand-cut (to fit with the Dress Up form) and the tail is made by joining two of the diamond-shaped Ornaments from the Holiday Ornaments Framelits (now retired) and embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  I love her pearl necklace, wish I'd thought to put one on the cake!
 
I hope you enjoy Miss Mermaid - but not as much as I enjoyed eating the delicious chocolate mud cake!!!

Comments